With effect from 1st October 2018 under the directive of PUB, all plumbing works can only be carried out by PUB Licensed Plumbers (LP) or only under the supervision and direction of a PUB Licensed Plumbers (LP).
It is an offence for anyone to engage a plumber who is not licensed by PUB to carry out regulated water service and sanitary works.
The following regulation concerning unlicensed plumbers is taken from the PUB website:
Handymen without a licence can do the following simple plumbing works:
Water Service Works (Potable Water)
1. Replacing or removing any tap or mixer.
2. Replacing or removing any of the following accessories connected to a tap:
(a) a shower hose or a showerhead;
(b) a connecting hose with a spring-loaded self-closing nozzle;
(c) a connecting hose to a washing machine or a dish washer; or
(d) a flexible hose.
3. Replacing or removing any pipe between a stop valve and an instantaneous water heater.
4. Replacing or removing any of the following parts of a flushing cistern:
(a) any flushing mechanism;
(b) any flexible hose after the ball valve.
Sanitary Works (Used Water)
1. Installing, replacing or removing:
(a) any washbasin or sink, including any bottle trap or fitting trap below the washbasin or sink;
(b) any bathtub, shower tray, or shower enclosure;
(c) any floor waste outlet; or
(d) any pipe conveying sullage water into a floor trap.
(a) any floor trap grating or cover; or
(b) any floor waste grating or cover.
3. Installing, replacing or removing any urinal, including any fitting trap or any pipe connecting the urinal to a urinal trap.
4. Installing, altering, replacing or removing any pipe for or appurtenance related to the conveyance of industrial effluent within an industrial premises.
5. Clearing any blockage in any floor trap, water closet or sanitary appliance.
6. Clearing and flushing any discharge pipe, ventilating pipe, drain-line, fitting, floor trap, inspection chamber, grease trap, pump or any other appurtenance related to the conveyance of sewage or sullage water from any sanitary appliance or sanitary facility to a sewerage system.
As part of this change, unlicensed plumbing vendors are only allowed to take on simple plumbing works as mentioned above
Kaodim will not be responsible for any damages that could potentially arise should plumbing vendors decide to undertake jobs that go beyond the scope of simple plumbing works.